Flying can be stressful enough as it is, but add a toddler Into the mix and everything becomes that little bit more difficult!
Here are my top 10 tips for a more peaceful flight:
1. Flight time Try to choose a flight that works around your child's sleeping pattern. For example, a mid morning flight works well if your child likes to nap late in the morning.
2. Arrive early Arrive a couple of hours early to allow your child to burn some energy running around before you board your flight.
3. Change nappy before boarding Change your baby's nappy before your fly as it’s much easier to do this in a baby change facility, rather than when you're up in the air (obviously you may still have to do this in the air).
4. Dress comfortably Make sure both you and your baby wear comfortable clothes as you may be up and down a lot during the flight dependent on your baby's mood.
5. Add a change of clothing to hand luggage Pack a change of clothing for your little one and also a spare top for yourself.
6. Snacks Pack snacks for the journey as not only will this save you money, but this also guarantees your little one will like something.
7. Toys Pack a couple of your baby's favourite toys to keep them occupied, for example my son loves cars so I alway carry a couple of toy cars.
8. Technology Download your little one's favourite programme or movie on your phone or tablet.
9. Seat If you have the choice, pick seats that are close to the back or the front of the plane as this will make boarding and disembarking a lot easier.
10. Baby carrier If you own a baby carrier, be sure to take it with you as this will make life a lot easier if your baby is attached to you so you can be hands free.
I want hours upon hours of delicious sleep followed by hot cups of tea, reading my book and nothingness. But I'll have to get up now to comfort, feed, clean, dress, entertain, love, laugh, play, and repeat.